Crab Souffle is difficult to find in most restaurants. Because it must be freshly bake and eat immediately before deflating. But even so, the process is not complicated. Before adding crab meat and egg whites, beaten until fluffy, mix gently. Then bake until puffed, eat hot without any sauce, it is delicious.
Ingredients (4 – 5 cups) 10 minutes, cook 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons all purpose wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh milk
- Eggs 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- Melted butter for brushing
- All-purpose wheat flour for tapping
Crab Souffle Instruction
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the melted butter and wheat flour in a saucepan, put on low heat, stir until the mixture starts to boil and thicken, add the milk, stir quickly until homogeneous, pour into a mixing bowl.
3. Break the eggs separately. Add egg yolks to the mixture. Item 1 Add both types of cheese, crab meat, season with salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg powder.
4. Put the vinegar into the egg white, beat with a whisk until the egg whites rise and stiff peaks. Scoop the egg whites mixed with ingredients No. 2, use a spatula to stir gently enough to combine well.
5. Lightly melt butter into the mold and sprinkle the wheat flour over it. Then knock off the excess flour.
6. Spoon the soufflé mixture into about 1/3 of the mold, put in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked, remove from the oven.
Energy per serving 301.24 kcal,
14.86 g protein, 19.86 g
fat, 15.69 g carb, 0.64 g fiber.